Peter Cowley has been active angel investor for ten years, personally investing in over 60 startups and was named UK Business Angel of the Year 2014/15 and Best Angel of the World by the World Business Angel Investment Forum in February 2017.
He is also the chair of the board of the Cambridge Business Angels and the Investment Director of the Marshall of Cambridge, Martlet Corporate Angel division.
Listen and Learn:
- The problem with transparency in investing
- How startups and investors can align incentives for better outcomes
- Why angel investing in the UK has HUGE tax benefits
- How to evaluate startups for funding
- Why Peter only invests in founders he’s met in person
- What to look for in co-investors
- How investors can build a successful brand
- What proper due diligence actually means
- Will Brexit affect UK startup scene?
Peter’s Twitter: @plcowley