Jenny Fielding is a prolific angel investor and the Managing Director of Techstars NY, where she focuses on helping founders create the future, specifically focusing on Fintech and IoT. Prior to TechStars Jenny was in charge of BBC’s Ventures, the BBC’s innovation and venture arm.
She’s also a quite accomplished founder, building Switch-Mobile up to a pretty sizable amount before exiting in 2010.
Listen and Learn:
- Why every corporate should have a venture investing arm
- The loneliness issue for angel investors and how to tackle it
- How to be successful as a generalist investor
- Why Fintech and IoT are two of the top verticals to look at
- How TechStars has expanded to over 35 accelerator programs worldwide
- The impact of cryptocurrencies, ICOs and equity crowdfunding platforms like Angellist have on early stage investing
- Why Jenny has missed her best angel investing opportunities – funding friends
- How to evaluate founders for investment
- What to know about CEOs with industry experience
Jenny’s Twitter: @jefielding
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.