Avidan is the Founding Partner of Root Ventures. Before Root, he designed industrial robotics for Food Network’s kitchens. Prior to that, Avidan was CTO of CIM Group, where he focused on industrial internet investing, and worked as an embedded application developer at Excite@Home.
Listen and Learn:
- Why Avidan focuses exclusively on hardware based startups
- Avidan’s incredibly unique investment philosophy
- The reason no having recurring revenue is typically a deal breaker
- How hardware investors can contribute to startup success
- Why Avidan filmed a reality tv show with the FoodNetwork on robotic kitchens
- What the smartphone wars did to tech
- The future of connected devices
- Why boring businesses bring the best returns
Avidan’s Twitter: @avidanross
Avidan’s Recommending Reading:
Start with Why by Simon Sinek
The Innovator’s Dilemma by Clayton Christensen
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.