Ted Serbinski is an entrepreneur and early stage investor operating at the intersection of Detroit’s automotive dominance and its entrepreneurial resurgence. He is the Managing Director of Techstars Mobility, the first US startup accelerator program focused on next-generation mobility technologies. Previously, he was a Partner and founding team member of Detroit Venture Partners, a $55M seed-stage fund that has invested in 25 companies.
Before moving to Detroit from San Francisco, Ted was a co-founder and CTO of ParentsClick. With the 4th largest social network and the largest blog network for moms, Lifetime Television acquired ParentsClick in 2008.
Listen and Learn:
- How autonomy affects the future of mobility
- Why mobility is about more than just autonomous vehicles
- What is wrong wtih tranditional angel investors
- Why Detroit is actually a growing tech hub
- What blockchain means more the transportation industry
- What traveling can teach VCs about investing
- How founders can avoid getting screwed on exits
- Why index investing is the best bet for startups
- The future of Ford, GM and more…
Ted’s Twitter: @tedserbinski