Benjamin Joffe is a Partner at HAX, the #1 global investor in early stage hardware startups with over 200 investments. Prior to HAX he worked mostly across Asia for the past 18 years (China, Japan, Korea) in various high-tech industries: aerospace, telecom, Internet, mobile, gaming. and ran his own cross-border research & advisory firm.
He is also a much sought after speaker and accomplished writer on several major publications.
Listen and Learn:
- How the Chinese and Asian startup ecosystems differ from the West
- What the future of consumer tech and hardware looks like worldwide
- Why China is the best place to build a hardware company
- How to evaluate hardware startups
- Thoughts on IoT business models
- An unconventional approach to venture portfolio investing
- Why different ecosystems and markets evolve differently
- When China will pass the USA in terms of innovation
- About China’s innovative “anti-advertising” business models
HAX Accelerator – Hax.co
Ben’s Twitter: @benjaminjoffe
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More