Andrew Ackerman is a successful serial entrepreneur, startup mentor, and occasional angel investor that runs Dreamit’s UrbanTech Accelerator. He work closely with Dreamit’s partners to develop and execute on their strategies for sourcing external innovation and encouraging internal innovation and helped build one of the top 10 accelerators worldwide.
Listen and Learn:
- The challenges with emerging market investing
- What smart investors understand about timing
- How accelerators compete, differentiate and win
- Why B2B is generally a better business model
- How angels and VCs need to think differently to drive returns
- Why Dreamit focuses on health and urbantech
- The problem with preventing startup problems
- What seed vs series A accelerators do different
- How family offices work and what to expect
Andrew’s Twitter: @andrewackerman
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.