Leo Polovets is a software engineer turned VC and a cofounder/managing partner at a Susa Ventures, a $50m seed stage fund. He mostly focus on b2b companies that are building up strong long-term competitive advantages (network effects, proprietary datasets, economics of scale, etc.)
Prior to Susa Ventures, IHewas one of the first 10 software engineers at LinkedIn and Factual, and one of the first 10,000 engineers at Google.
Listen and Learn:
- How to start a VC firm from scratch
- The real reason every startup needs a moat
- How to create pricing power and network effects
- Why developers don’t invest in developer focused startups
- How to build up deal flow
- The impact of cryptocurrencies on network effects and traditional business models
- Why being a generalist VC has its benefits
- How to avoid FOMO and party rounds
- Why Susa Ventures doesn’t do much technical diligence
Leo’s Blog: codingvc.com
Leo’s Twitter: @lpolovets
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.