Arlan Hamilton isn’t your typical VC. She’s a smart, scrappy founder and fighter and believes in inclusion and diversity to drive outsized rewards. Her firm Backstage Capital invests in underrepresented founders like herself: people of color, LGBT and anyone SF wouldn’t normally give a fair shake. She’s fiery, she attacks conventions and she’s changing the world of tech while focused on enormous ROIs. Enjoy.
Listen and Learn:
- How to raise your 1st VC fund, while being homeless
- The power of connecting founders with investors
- What will happen to Silicon Valley’s big boy club
- Why under-represented founders deliver outsized returns
- How to be contrarian with your focuses
- Why grit is the #1 most important factor for founders and investors
- What investors lack that operators know
- The massive disparity in venture capital
- Why Silicon Valley doesn’t have a pipeline problem
Arlan’s Twitter: @arlanwashere
Backstage Capital Twitter: @backstage_cap
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More