Parker Thompson’s a Partner at Angellist, an active investor and syndicate lead and likes to help startups in any way he can. Before AL, he was a mentor, partner and as an early employee at 500Startups, where he helped Dave McClure and co build 500 into a top tier accelerator., help His illustrious past includes Pivotal Labs, co-founding PlaceSite, preserving the interwebs at the Internet Archive, and working on digital copyright at UC Berkeley’s iSchool.
Listen and Learn:
- What is the Internet Archive and how they are preserving techs past
- Whether optimistic or pessimistic investors have better returns
- What to think about before investing in ecommerce
- The thing to know about investing platforms like Angellist, FundersClub and OurCrowd
- How VCs balance chaos and productivity
- What 500 startups looked like in the early days and how accelerators and incubators transformed venture
- How investors can actively help portfolio companies
- The benefits of passive investors
Parker’s Twitter: @pt
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.