Steve Burgess (@steveburgess01) is the president of Foresight Institute, a nonprofit think tank that researches technologies of important to the future of humanity, focusing on nanotechnology, cybersecurity, and AI and rewards grants to lead scientists and safety initiatives.
Steve is a nanotechnology activist, tech writer & speaker, startup mentor, and an internationally recognized computer forensics consultant. Steve helped found the data recovery industry in the 80s, is a pioneer in today’s growing computer forensics and electronic industry and is active as a digital forensic specialist who oftens testifies as an expert witness in the field.
Steve has reported on Japan’s space programs, contributed various Nanotech Glossaries, is the author of “The (Needed) New Economics of Abundance,” contributor to the text, “Scientific Evidence in Civil and Criminal Cases,” and regularly writes on topics surrounding his passions and expertise at burgessforensics.com
Listen and Learn:
- The science of nanotechnology and progress to date
- How the boom and bust cycle in nanotech play out
- Why Steve is passionate about exponential hope
- How AI will impact the future of jobs and economy, beyond the obvious answers
- The problem with existential risk and inspiring action
- Why Foresight Institute focuses on converging exponential technologies
- The implications of biotech and self enhancement
- What manufacturing will mean in an era of abundance
- The wealth divide and what happens next
- How technological innovation will impact our evolution
- The reason capitalist incentive structures drive many of our most pressing problems
- Why changing policy and law is challenging and grass roots movements matter
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.