Jack Horner (@dustydino) is one of the best-known paleontologists in the world, the inspiration for (and advisor of the Jurassic Park films and Dr. Alan Grant and discovered and named Maiasaura, providing the first clear evidence that some dinosaurs cared for their young. His research is now focused on reactivating dormant dinosaur DNA in birds to hatch modern-day dinosaurs. Horner’s face is familiar to millions from his appearances in many television documentaries about dinosaurs.
Listen and Learn:
- Why Steven Spielberg just had to have his Jurassic monsters
- What is was like as the advisor to Jurassic Park
- The little known truths about dinosaurs and our their extinction
- Why Jack is working on creating a dino-chicken
- How to use dormant DNA to rebirth extinct creatures
- The value of sci-fi in forecasting and forewarning the future
- Why the public isn’t always so interested in science
- How we shifted our entire understanding of dinosaurs
- What are the big risks of biotech and why Jack’s not worried
- Why dinos were probably much more intelligent than we thought
- The actual way radioactive and carbon dating works
- What areas is Jack most excited about and why
- The truth and misconceptions about evolution
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.