Ankur is co-founder of Emergent Ventures. Previously, Ankur was a venture investor at Nexus Venture Partners investing in US and India. Prior to that, Ankur was venture investor at Blumberg Capital investing in US and Israel. Prior to that, Ankur did strategy consulting at Accenture across a range of verticals including healthcare, financial services and technology. Earlier, Ankur led product teams at Andiamo Systems and later Cisco which acquired Andiamo in 2004. Prior to that, Ankur held engineering roles at Softaware Networks and later at Digital Island, which acquired Softaware Networks in 2000. Ankur is also co-founder of Vama, an eco-technology company.
Ankur’s selected investments include Mertado (acquired by Groupon), Cyvera (acquired by Palo Alto Networks), Mobsmith (acquired by Rubicon Project), BringIT (acquired by International Gaming Technologies) and Arkin (acquired by VMWare).
Listen and Learn:
- How to have an exit and lose money a startup guy
- Why Ankur meditates and practices yoga for several hours a day
- The difference between the Indian and Chinese startup ecosystems
- Why meditation and mindfulness are key drivers in Ankur’s investment philosophy
- How to build a top tier cross-border VC firm
- The reason Ankur always asks where their competitive advantage is as a firm
- How some VCs actually help and hustle for their founders
- What startups and VCs should know about Indian startups
- Why there are so many tech CEOs from India
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.