Dr. Bertalan Meskó (@berci) is The Medical Futurist, one of the world’s leading biotech thinkers and keynote speakers. A self-described geek physician with a Ph.D. in genomics, Bertalan is an Amazon Top 100 author and host of the popular Youtube channel The Medical Futurist (TMF).Bertalan envisions the impact of digital health technologies on the future of health, and helps patients, doctors, government regulators and companies make it a reality.With 500+ presentations including courses at Harvard, Stanford and Yale Universities, Singularity University’s Futuremed course at NASA Ames campus and organizations including the 10 biggest pharmaceutical companies, he is one of the top voices globally on healthcare technology.Dr. Meskó has been featured by dozens of top publications, including CNN, the World Health Organization, National Geographic, Forbes, TIME magazine, BBC, and the New York Times.
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- The future of digital health and medical technology in the next 10 and 25 years
- What Bertalan does when it comes to biohacking and quantified self to live longer and healthier
- How Google, Amazon and the other tech giants are trying to own healthcare
- Why Bertalan thinks immortality is a sci-fi dream
- The future of personalized medicine and self-managed health
- Why Bertalan wants to prevent disease, not catch it early
- How genetic testing and microbiome samples shape Bertalan’s actions and future health
- Why AI is such a scary and unstoppable technology
- What under the table experiments are happening on human augmentation and enhancement
- How 3D printed tissues and organs affect all of us
- Why the DIY citizen science/healthcare movement is changing the landscape of healthcare
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.