Ramez Naam is a computer scientist, futurist, angel investor and award-winning author best known for his Nexus Trilogy: Nexus, Crux and Apex. His other (non-fiction) books include: The Infinite Resource: The Power of Ideas on a Finite Planet and More than Human: Embracing the Promises of Biological Enhancement.
He’s currently co-chair of energy and the environment at Singularity University and earlier in his career led teams at Microsoft working on Outlook, Internet Explorer and Bing where he co-patented 20 inventions, many alongside Bill Gates. Ramez has appeared on Sunday morning MSNBC, Yahoo! Finance, The New York Times, WSJ, PopSci, Wired, and many more. Ramez holds more than 20 patents, and many of those are as a co-inventor with Bill Gates.
Listen and Learn:
- How the Chinese startup ecosystem has evolved in the last 6 years
- Why Madrona prefer to invest in the Pacific Northwest
- What the mobile-only economy of China means for the rest of the world
- The future of the AI/ML talent war and how Matt sees it playing out
- How Matt evaluates startup investments and founder motivation
- The reason Matt would bet on Amazon over anyone else’s
- What were Matt’s biggest takeaways from his trip to China
- Why founders should always prefer for an economic downturn
Ramez’s Main Projects:
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.