Sheel Mohnot of 500 Startups is ACTUALLY a jack of all trades. He helps design, build, and improve human ecosystems through technology, as a creator or an investor/partner. He focuses specifically on what he calls “financial services for the rest of us” and helping financial institutions operate more efficiently.
Sheel has had 2 successful fintech exits, invested in and advised some big names like Coinbase, Instacart, Flexport, runs the 500 FinTech accelerator and FinTech fund and also host a bi-weekly podcast called “the pitch,” where he interview founders with a panel of other investors.
Listen and Learn:
- How founders feel about early exits
- Why fund size isn’t about bigger is better
- What to look for in Fintech traction
- Which accelerator should entrepreneurs attend
- How to handle fintech specific regulations and hurdles
- Why YCs brand is best but overpriced
- What is the future of blockchain
- How to avoid being “dumb money capital”
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More