Varun Jain currently leads Qualcomm Ventures’ global early-stage fund, focused on Seed and Series A opportunities. This fund has scaled to $100M+ AUM and 75+ global investments, which include winners such as Cruise Automation (acquired by GM), 99 (acquired by Didi) and Zoom. He also serves the global lead for the fund’s investments in the automotive sector. In 2017 and 2018, Varun was recognized as one among the top 20 Rising Stars in the corporate venture industry by Global Corporate Venturing.
Qualcomm Ventures is one of the leading corporate venture funds in the world with 200+ active investments and numerous exits, including 8 billion dollar plus outcomes in last 7 years.
Listen and Learn:
- The challenges of being a corporate VC (and the benefits)
- How autonomous vehicles and transport changes will affect everyday life
- Why Varun is big on IoT but not industrial
- The unconventional way Varun invested in a unicorn
- How Varun views crypto
- Why AI is overhyped and drones are coming back in style
- Why North America is still the best location for startup investing
- How investing differs across regions and how to make it work
Varun’s Twitter: @jvarun83
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.
Recently joined Corl – we’re funding startups and SMBs with no equity dilution – find out more!