Alex is a Partner at Relay Ventures, an early stage venture fund exclusively focused on mobile computing. Alex oversees direct investments in a broad range of mobile applications and services companies. Alex is an active board member and observer in supporting Bionym, Influitive, ClearFit, TouchBistro, Kira and teaBOT. Alex overseas the Fund’s affiliate program investments that include Highline and Next36, and Alex is an advisor to DMZ (Ryerson).
Alex is a frequent speaker and panelist at corporate and venture capital events, including CIX, CTIA Wireless, IDCEE (Ukraine) and Mobile Monday.
Listen and Learn:
- The art of taking advantage of unexpected opportunities
- Why Canada’s startup ecosystem has been changing so drastically
- Alex’s thoughts on mobile and where we are in the adoption curve
- Why IoT is an interesting industry for both B2B and B2C
- How Toronto compares to other tech hubs in terms of talent
- The challenges with investing in multiple business models
- How governments can help rather than hurt innovation
- Why Canada’s immigration policy is attracting a ton of talent to the country
- How much US investors are investing in Canadian startups
- Why cryptocurrencies are very overrated
Alex’s Twitter: @alexbaker74
Relay Venture’s Twitter: @relayventures
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.