Gerd Leonhard (@gleonhard) is a futurist, keynote speaker and author and listed by Wired Magazine as one of the top 100 most influential people in Europe (2015). Gerd’s work focuses on the future of humanity, technology and digital transformation; including big disruptors like artificial intelligence, robotics, the future of content and media and much more.
Gerd addresses topics such as what it means to be human in a world of machines and algorithms, the coming redefinition of human-machine relationships, the future of work and jobs and much more. He is a much sought-after speaker, having presented at more than 1700 events in 60+ countries since 2004. His clients include Google, Sony, UBS, Mastercard, Unilever, Lloyds Bank, WWF, Nokia, The Guardian, Siemens, BBC, France Telecom, Orange, Deutsche Telekom, MTN, The Financial Times, The EU Commission, VISA, and many others.
Gerd is a member of the Royal Society of Arts (RSA, London), an advisory board member of the Indian and Canadian research institutes and the author of Technology vs. Humanity: The Coming Clash Between Man and Machine.
Listen and Learn:
- The evolution of AI and the dangers of AGI
- Why Europe has to lead the way on privacy, data and consumer rights
- Why Gerd believes we need a moratorium on the future of artificial general intelligence
- The problem with capitalism and creating a better future
- How tech giants may end up owning our future
- Why Facebook and Zuckerberg didn’t really do anything wrong, at least according to the rules
- How Gerd thinks about megashifts and the future of humanity
- Why we may all be living a lot longer thanks to biotech
- The reason technology isn’t the answer or means to an end
- Why the future is more unknowable than ever
- The reason Gerd isn’t that excited about space travel
- What you need to know robotics and future of work
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.