Mary Jo is a Board Director of the National Association of Corporate Directors and a Senior Advisor at BDC and CEO of Healthcare Angels. She is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and is an active angel investor with the San Francisco Chapter of Keiretsu Forum.
She has been actively involved in the healthcare sector for 30 years. Having sold a company to McGraw Hill, she has started and exited a number of organizations. In addition, she has been an active investor in early stage innovators in health care, and has been on a number of boards including CHW/Dignity, CHI, CHRISTUS, ocular Sciences, the UC School of Public Health, 7 non profits! And 3 private companies. She is especially involved with health systems, physician groups, and payers who are migrating to next generation delivery approaches, using technology, evidence-based practices, and actionable data systems to improve access and quality of care nationally as well as globally.
Listen and Learn:
- How healthcare crisis could turn the US into a 3rd world country
- Why the US healthcare system is so broken and how we can fix it
- Why selling your business isn’t always what you expected
- How Mary Jo invested in one of the top hair salons in the US
- The reason education is also incredibly inefficient in America
- How Amazon and private businesses can push better healthcare
- Why the government isn’t the only answer to US health crisis
- How the venture/startup ecosystem has evolved for women
- Why Mary Jo thinks women need to work harder to enter the industry
Mary Jo’s Projects:
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More