Nic Wetzler is the Director of Augment Ventures, an early stage VC focused Software, Smart Hardware, and Physical Science Innovations that impact the way we work and live. He also spent time as an EIR and Mentor in Residence local universities and incubators in the Detroit area.
Listen and Learn:
- How Michigan has transformed since the crash
- How complexity can help founders and VCs
- Why automanufacturers are buying up autonomous startups left and right
- How Nic engineered an opportunity for an MBA and VC career
- The best way to evaluate deep tech investments
- How tariffs and NAFTA could affect investment in Canadian startups
- What VCs need to know about balancing funding and scouting
- Why driverless is both overhyped and underhyped
- Is the Midwest large enough for a geo focused venture fund?
- The importance of opportunism in venture
Nic’s Twitter: @nicwetzler
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.
Recently joined Corl – we’re funding startups and SMBs with no equity dilution – find out more!