Alex Norman is a serial entrepreneur and tech community builder that is working to build Canadian tech communities across the country through events, connections, advice, and investment. He built arguably the top Toronto/Canadian based tech event: TechToronto, works with Angellist and runs an early stage investment syndicate.
Listen and Learn:
- How Trump’s immigration policies affect the Canadian startup ecosystem
- What Alex thinks about blockchain and boom/bust cycles
- How startups should leverage investors
- Why selling your business isn’t always what you expected
- How to build a top tier tech event to generate deal flow
- The reason Alex isn’t a sector focused investor
- How tariffs and NAFTA could affect investment in Canadian startups
- What Canada has done to promote startup innovation
- Why AI is overrated
Alex’s Twitter: @alexandernorman
Tech Toronto’s Twitter:@techtorontoorg
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.