John Vrionis is the founder and managing partner of UnusualVC, a mission-driven seed-stage venture firm and is a venture partner with Lightspeed Ventures (previously a partner). John’s invested in the likes of Affirmed, AppDynamics, Docker, Athos, Citadel and many more.
Listen and Learn:
- How John prioritizes diversity and why it leads to better returns
- What John would change with VC if he could
- Why the venture industry is polluted with dirty
- His reasons for being highly skeptical of blockchain
- How venture incentive structures mess up the VC space
- Why UnusualVC only raised $160M of their subscribed $1B demand
- The reason China will outperform the US in startup investing in the future
- Why John believes we still are not at 50% saturation of software
John’s Main Projects:
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.