Mike Selden (@mikeseldenFF) is co-founder and CEO of Finless Foods, a food startup that uses cutting-edge cellular-agriculture technologies to grow marine-animal cells, creating fish and seafood products enjoyed around the world. They are working toward a sci-fi, soon-here world where everyone has access to healthy, delectable seafood, without the environmental devastation or the health hazards of traditional fishing and aquatic farming.
Mike has a background in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, he is dedicated to climate justice and science advocacy. Before co-founding Finless Foods, he was working at the Mount Sinai Icahn School of Medicine in high-throughput cancer screening.
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- The clean meat revolution and end of animal agriculture
- How Mike’s company Finless Foods is growing fish in a laboratory
- The exciting science of foodtech
- Why people need to embrace GMOs
- How agriculture is increasingly driving climate change
- Why we aren’t far off from growing usable human organs
- How hard it is to fund traditional deep tech
- Why we are entering a foodtech revolution
- How human’s will eat and thrive in space
- Why we need to start pricing pollution into our products
Like this? Be sure to jump over to FringeFM or subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More