Howard co-founded StartEngine with the mission of helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams. Prior to this he was the founder and CEO of Acclaim Games, a publisher of online games that is now part of The Walt Disney Company. Before Acclaim, Howard was Chairman of Activision Studios from 1991 until 1997. As the former Board Member, and Executive Vice-President of video game giant Activision, he and a partner took control in 1991 and turned the ailing company into the video game industry leader.
Listen and Learn:
- How the JOBS Act helped create the world of ICOs and blockchain investing
- How to use equity crowdfunding platforms to invest in startups
- Why Howard started StartEngine and got excited about blockchain
- The similarities and future of gaming and cryptocurrency
- How Howard built Activision to a $50B company
- Why Howard lost money on lots of startup investments
- What will happen with cryptocurrency investing
- Why Ethereum is the MS Dos of the future
- How regulations help and hurt crypto
- Pros and cons of blockchain liquidity
Howard’s Twitter: @howardmarks
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.
Recently joined Corl – we’re funding startups and SMBs with no equity dilution – find out more!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More