Daniel Burrus (@danielburrus) is considered one of the world’s leading futurist speakers on global trends and innovation and The New York Times has referred to him as one of the top three business gurus in the highest demand as a speaker.
Daniel is a strategic advisor to executives from Fortune 500 companies such as Microsoft, GE, American Express, Google, Deloitte, Procter & Gamble, Honda, and IBM etc…, helping them to develop game-changing strategies based on his proven methodologies for capitalizing on technology innovations and their future impact. He is the author of seven books, including The New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-seller Flash Foresight, as well as the international best-seller Technotrends. His latest book, The Anticipatory Organization: Turn Disruption and Change Into Opportunity and Advantage is an Amazon #1 Hot New Release for Business
Daniel has been the featured subject of several PBS television specials and has appeared on programs such as CNN, Fox Business, and Bloomberg, and is quoted in a variety of publications, including The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Fortune, and Forbes and is a featured writer with millions of monthly readers on the topics of innovation, change and the future. His work has appeared in Harvard Business Review, Wired, CNBC, and Huffington Post to name a few.
Daniel has founded six businesses, four of which were national leaders in the United States in the first year. He is the CEO of Burrus Research, a research and consulting firm that monitors global advancements in technology driven trends to help clients profit from technological, social and business forces that are converging to create enormous, untapped opportunities.
Listen and Learn:
- How hard and soft trends change the world
- Why Daniel was able to predict major consumer tech breakthroughs decades before they happened
- What areas of technology Daniel is most excited about and why
- The reason Daniel is somewhat worried about CRISPR
- How to think about disruption and positive disruption specifically
- The reason some companies die and others thrive
- How to spot big tech trends
- Why Daniel avoids competition to crush it
- Why not all trends pan out
- The biggest mistake big companies make
- Why Daniel thinks Apple has something big planned soon
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | FREE BONUSES