Charlie O’Donnell has been an active member of the NYC startup community for over a decade. He is the sole Partner and Founder at Brooklyn Bridge Ventures that invested in the first rounds of Canary, The Wing, Ample Hills, Hungryroot, Clubhouse, Petal, and goTenna.
Prior to Brooklyn Bridge, Charlie worked at Union Square Ventures and First Round Capital where he sourced GroupMe (acq. by Skype), SinglePlatform (acq. by Constant Contact), and Backupify (acq. by Datto), as well as Refinery29 and chloe+isabel investments.
Listen and Learn:
- Why Charlie doesn’t do follow on funding
- How Brooklyn Bridge built a fund of mostly angel LPs
- Why Charlie focuses on pre-seed startups
- Ways to prioritize time to prevent burnout
- How to Charlie uses dinners to design interesting encounters and build his network
- Why Series A isn’t that must safer than pre-seed
- How being a solo-VC affects a fund
- Ways to build awesome deal flow
- What Charlie learned from Fred Wilson and Union Square Ventures
Charlie’s Twitter: @ceonyc
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.