Chip Meakem is a co-founder and Managing Partner of Tribeca Venture Partners. Prior to co-founding Tribeca, Chip worked at both Kodiak Venture Partners and DFJ Gotham. Previous notable acquired investments include Appnexus, Ingenio and Q-Link.
Gerd Leonhard (@gleonhard) is a futurist, keynote speaker and author and listed by Wired Magazine as one of the top 100 most influential people in Europe (2015). Gerd’s work focuses on the future of humanity, technology and digital transformation; including big disruptors like artificial intelligence, robotics, the future of content and media and much more.
Gerd addresses topics such as what it means to be human in a world of machines and algorithms, the coming redefinition of human-machine relationships, the future of work and jobs and much more. He is a much sought-after speaker, having presented at more than 1700 events in 60+ countries since 2004. His clients include Google, Sony, UBS, Mastercard, Unilever, Lloyds Bank, WWF, Nokia, The Guardian, Siemens, BBC, France Telecom, Orange, Deutsche Telekom, MTN, The Financial Times, The EU Commission, VISA, and many others.
Gerd is a member of the Royal Society of Arts (RSA, London), an advisory board member of the Indian and Canadian research institutes and the author of Technology vs. Humanity: The Coming Clash Between Man and Machine.
Eric Ladizinsky is the co-founder and Chief Scientist of D-Wave Systems (@dwavesys), the world’s first quantum computing company and the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems and software. Their mission is to use quantum computing to solve some of the world’s most pressing problems.
D-Wave’s systems are being used by world-class organizations like Lockheed Martin, Google, NASA, USC, USRA, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Volkswagen, and many others and they have been granted over 160 U.S. patents and has published over 100 peer-reviewed papers in leading scientific journals.
As a leader in the space, Eric is often called upon to evangelize on all aspects of quantum computing.Prior to D-Wave, Eric was a principal investigator at Northrop Grumman Space Technology (formerly TRW, Inc.) where he ran a multi-million dollar DARPA program in Quantum Computing using superconducting integrated circuit technology.
Listen and Learn:
- How quantum computing unlocks new paradigms
- The reason quantum computers are a race akin to AI
- Why countries are investing heavily in quantum
- How to simulate the future with perfect accuracy
- Why reality isn’t what you think and physicists often get it wrong too
- The reason we may all be living in a quantum computer simulation
- How quantum computing can help solve many of the world’s impossible problems
- Understanding the origins of life
- When quantum computers will pass conventional computing in terms of price efficiency
Dr. James Canton (@futureguru) is a renowned global futurist, social scientist, keynote presenter, author, and visionary business advisor. He is the CEO and Chairman of the Institute for Global Futures, a leading think tank he founded in 1990 that advises business, the Global Fortune 1000 (like IBM, GE, HP, Boeing, Intel and more) and many governments on future trends in innovation, financial services, health care, population, life sciences, energy, security, workforce, climate change and globalization.
In addition, James is a Senior Fellow at the Center for Research in Innovation at Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management, on the advisory board of the Corporate Eco Forum and has advised three White House Administrations, the National Science Foundation and MIT’s Media Lab, Europe.
Dr Canton is the author of the following books:
- The Extreme Future: The Top Trends That Will Reshape the World in the 21st Century (2006)
- Future Smart: Managing the Game-Changing Trends That Will Transform Your World (2015)
- Technofutures: How Leading-Edge Technology Will Transform Business in the 21st Century (2004)
And James is no stranger to media. He was named “the Digital Guru” by CNN and “Dr. Future” by Yahoo, is a commentator on CNN and has been featured on/in CNBC, Fox, PBS, ABC, Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, Bloomberg Report, The New York Times, US News and World Report, CEO, CIO and CFO Magazines.
And finally, Dr. Canton serves as Co-chairman of the Futures and Forecasting Track at Singularity University.
Listen and Learn:
- How the pace of technology acceleration is accelerating
- The 5 most impactful areas of tech
- How government surveillance and privacy as balanced in the future
- Why James is optimistic about the future
- The future of work, even including AI
- How humanity needs to reinvent healthcare
- What it is like working in a governmental think tank
- Why quantum computing will change the world
- How James advises government and corporations about change and the future
- What James learned working at Apple Computer
- How systems thinking changes can solve most of the world’s problems
- Why our education system is broken and how to fix it
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.