Jonathan Hakakian joined SoundBoard Consulting Group, LLC in 2010 to focus on early-stage growth companies after several years working in a startup. In 2012 he co-founded SoundBoard Angel Fund in order to build a community of experienced entrepreneurs outside of NYC to formally invest in early-stage companies. He also continues to coach “new” entrepreneurs as they build out their businesses.
Listen and Learn:
- The challenges of building a first fund
- How Soundboard Angel Fund collaborates with investors via SPVs
- Why it is hard to raise a 2nd fund
- The effect of exits on fundraising
- How Jonathan thinks about startup ecosystems
- Why buzzwords a bad for business
- The Series LLC approach to angel investing
- How to bootstrap a venture fund
Jonathan’s Twitter: @jhaka
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.
Recently joined Corl – we’re funding startups and SMBs with no equity dilution – find out more!