David Orban is an entrepreneur, author, keynote speaker and the Founder and Managing Partner of Network Society Ventures, a seed stage global investment firm focused on innovative startups at the intersection of exponential technologies and decentralized networks.
An early adopter of blockchain and an active Bitcoin investor since 2010, he was the first to own Ether during the Ethereum launch in 2014. He also led the adoption of Bitcoin and blockchain in start-ups and is an advisor and investor in numerous blockchain companies and funds, such as Blockchain Capital, Bancor, Swarm Fund, and others. David was the keynote speaker at the first Ethereal Summit in May 2017 in New York and is the Founder and a Trustee of Network Society Research, a London-based global think tank present in over 40 countries focused on decentralized exponential technologies disrupting governments and corporations.
He is a mentor for the Thiel Fellowship, a Scientific Advisory Board Member for the Lifeboat Foundation on the Faculty of and an advisor to the Singularity University, an investor in the Singularity University Labs Accelerator Fund (now SU Ventures), President of SingularityU Italy Summit and an advisor to Humanity+.
David is a sought-after speaker, he has given over 100 keynote addresses and speeches around the world for organizations including Abbvie, Cisco, Oracle, Roche, Ernst & Young, Accenture, Gilead, TEDx Academy, Alphabet and others and blogs at davidorban.com
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- The future of blockchains and cryptocurrency
- Why David invested in Bitcoin when it was under $10
- Which industries blockchain has the biggest potential to disrupt
- The reason government and governance will be radically changed in the coming years
- How regulations affect the blockchain industry and are primarily protectionist
- Why David thinks on a 1000 year time horizon and might just live to see it happen
- How David thinks about isolationism and the future of nation-states
- The future of micro-payments and money
- How robots will interact with economy and colonize galaxy
- The model for a sustainable Mars colony and what needs to happen
- Why David is bullish on clean meat and hydroponics for the future of food
- How to forecast the future and predict timing
- What you need to know about China and cryptocurrency
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | FREE BONUSES