Today’s an interesting episode where Matthew Le Merle interviews The Syndicate podcast host Matt Ward, sharing his story, lessons learned and controversial/contrarian opinions to make the podcast more interesting and informative overall.
Previously, Matt built and sold #1 crowdfunding podcast, artofthekickstart.com and transitioned into own products business. Here he turned $8k investment into a 7 figure exit in 12 months with home and garden ecommerce brand primarily using Amazon and other channels. In parallel Matt started the FBA ALLSTARS podcast and community of 6-8k Amazon sellers, helping ecommerce companies follow in my footsteps (monetized via consulting and affiliate and/sponsored recommendations).
Matt has done all this while traveling the world, living in Thailand, Vietnam, Colombia, South Africa, Switzerland, Spain and the USA on boot string budgets to build and scale his businesses.
Listen and Learn:
- How Matt initially got involved with startups
- The purpose of The Syndicate podcast and what to expect
- Why Matt moved to Southeast Asia
- Which companies and startups are in the best position for a paradigm shift
- The benefits of syndicates over angel groups or VCs
- The top tech trends to observe and invest in
- Problems with politics and immigration
- Why Matt is bullish and wary of blockchain
Matt’s Twitter: @itsmattward
Are you an accredited investor? Apply to join our angel syndicate if you’d like to access our deal flow.